Friday, February 25, 2011

Journal 17

The past few days have been very eye opening in regards to my project, they have helped me think about the holes in my research.

For example, when I read the second IRB proposal I paid attention to the details that were left out of the example. This helped me seewhat I needed to work on with my project. Even though the student had a good idea, she did not develop it enough and did not think out the small details. For example, she didn't really elaborate on how she was going to find her target audience. Many times we don't think about the details like that. We tend to think "My target audience will be women in India..." but what will we do to find those women, where will we look and how will we know when we find them.

When I talked to my mentor he pointed out a few of the details that I need to improve. He suggested that I try to show some of my questions in Tamil to prove that I can effectively make questions in another language. I also need to decide exactly how I am going to choose my audience and if I will just be focusing on women who have HIV or women who are at risk for HIV. We discussed how important of a problem HIV is in that region of the world and the need for good education; however, the scope of this project needs to be made feasible for a college student. I think that with more work and fine tuning it can be improved significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment