Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/19/2011

As I was doing my research over the weekend I was getting more excited about my research project and the information that I was finding; however, I was also discovering possible problems within my question. In almost all my articles it talked about how it was difficult to find women to interview becuase HIV is a very taboo subject due to religious views and myths about the disease (eg. that you can get it just by touching the person or being near them). Unfortunately that is a common problem that occurs when trying to teach (or study) about a disease. Many people "hear" certain "facts" about a disease and then presume it to be true. Combating these myths is often a major public health concern. And it will also be a major concern with my research. However, I do still think that I will be able to research HIV because I will hopefully be able to work through Shanti Ashram, which is an organization that specifically deals with HIV in one of their programs. I am still exploring possible other options; however, I do think that I would still like to continue forward with my current research question.

No comments:

Post a Comment